Virginia Historical Experience
Through our local partner, Jefferson's Virginia, Visit Director Shirley Midyette meets participating guests at Keswick Hall for a visit to Jefferson's Monticello, Madison's Montpelier or Monroe's Ash Lawn-Highland. Shirley arranges the House tour reservation time and admission tickets for guests in advance of the visit and accompanies them on the tour.
A former Monticello guide with over 10 years experience, Shirley talks with guests about the three former Presidents, known as the "Virginia Dynasty" during the visit, which includes the gardens, the plantation life, and Visitor Center exhibits and museum shops.
In addition, Shirley conducts a tour of Jefferson's Academical Village on The Lawn at the University of Virginia.
Jefferson's Virginia visit fees:
- For adults and children (ages 6-11) $50 and $25 respectively, per person, per historical site.
- Visit fees exclude the historical site admission tickets.
- There is no visit fee for children under age 6.
- 50% discount off Ash Lawn visit fees for seeing both Monticello and Ash Lawn (locations are only 2.5 miles apart).
- Groups of five or more may plan a group tour at the rate of $250 per historical site, plus the site admission tickets per person.
Please contact the Keswick Hall Concierge to reserve your historical experience site visit. Subsequently, you will be contacted and receive a confirmation as to the House tour day and time.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434-979-3440.