It is the policy of Keswick Hall and Club to employ the most qualified individuals. Promotion from within will be given priority whenever possible, thus providing for growth, advancement, and increased responsibility for employees. All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug test prior once offered the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keswick Hall & Golf Club is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate against associates or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Keswick Hall & Golf Club associates are employed at will. In other words, if employed, you are employed for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. You may, therefore, terminate your employment at any time for any reason. The at-will nature of employment will not be altered by any oral or written presentation or any representations during the pre-hire interviews, discussions, or recruiting materials.
Full-time, experienced bartender position available. Knowledge in tableside service, food, wine, mixed drinks, and after-dinner drinks is essential. Position requires a lot of standing, stooping, walking, and the ability to take orders. A qualified candidate will also have prior service and supervisory experience. Must also be friendly, professional, well-groomed, and able to multitask comfortably. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays. TIPS certification is a plus.
The server is responsible for all aspects of food and beverage service, to include taking reservations, table service, setting and clearing tables, and the assurance that food served is well prepared and is served in a timely manner. Qualified candidates will possess a solid work history, fine dining experience preferred, and have full weekend availability as well. Restaurant, seasonal banquet, and seasonal pool server positions are available.
Qualified candidates must possess a clean, neat appearance and be comfortable interacting with guests. Prior housekeeping experience strongly preferred. Main duties will be to clean 12 rooms per day. Candidates for this position must have great attention to detail and ability work efficiently and effectively without close supervision. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Qualified candidates must be available to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays and must understand and speak English.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and his leadership team, this individual will be responsible for food preparation and presentation for our fine dining food outlets. Must be passionate, hardworking, eager to learn, and reliable. Must be able to work various shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays. A minimum of one year of experience is required and must be ServSafe certified.
We are looking to expand our culinary team with enthusiastic, genuine, and motivated culinarians who want to further their knowledge for exceptional food. We work early mornings, late nights, and weekends. Culinary degree or two years in a professional kitchen is preferred. Stages are welcome.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Prepare a variety of foods including meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items
- Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
- Cover, date and correctly store all food prep items
- Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Maintain an organized and sanitized work area at all times
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager
Our Forbes Five-Star establishment is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable pastry cooks. We are in need of one full-time and one part-time pastry cook. A Pastry Degree and 1-2 years’ pastry experience is preferred. Must be available for any shift (morning or evenings, which can be late), any day of the week, and holidays.
The schedule for this position is 5:30pm until 1:30am. The main responsibilities for this position are to ensure the cleanliness and comfort of guests' room prior to nighttime occupancy. A qualified candidate will have prior housekeeping experience, great customer service skills, and attention to detail.
The Housekeeping Manger is to ensure quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guest according to hotel and Forbes Standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
o Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department; schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
o Monitor performance and recommend/initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues. Conduct performance coaching, counseling and appraisals.
o Ensure all team members are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
o Conduct daily guest room and suite inspections ensuring Keswick/Forbes Standards are being met.
o Conduct weekly maintenance punch list on guest rooms and suites.
o Maintain the weekly guest room general program.
o Respond to guest complaints, special request and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
o Maintain the guest room VIP Program.
o Prepare and monitor housekeeping budget (wages and experiences).
o Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping inventory.
o Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping. Participate as needed in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
o Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
o Assist in maintaining par levels for supplies and equipment.
o Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include: Front Office, Guest Relations, Engineering, Lost Prevention and Food and Beverage.
o Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests-to ensure their total satisfaction
o Contractors-to ensure adequate room attendant staffing
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
o Maintain housekeeping functions at Keswick Club and Pavilion.
o May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
o Support and maintain the Forbes Standards.
o May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
o When necessary clean guest rooms.
o May assist with other duties as assigned.
The Chief Engineer will maintain the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
Supervise necessary repairs and maintenance throughout the hotel. Assign department employees to make electrical, carpentry, plumbing, plastering, painting, locksmith and other mechanical installations and repairs.
Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations and repairs for properties. Must have basic knowledge of building codes.
Actively train in fire prevention, environmental health and safety, and engineering systems. Attend all meetings regarding hotel operations: department, fire, safety, health, quality improvement.
Oversee daily and weekly payrolls. Prepare departmental manpower schedules.
Oversee water treatment programs.Attend morning walk arounds as required.
This position is responsible for maximizing revenues for Keswick Hall through direct sales of group business within the assigned geographic and/or vertical market segments, as well as other designated responsibilities as outlined by the Director of Sales and General Manager of the Resort. The primary success is measured through increased revenue, increase in account productivity/bookings and overall client satisfaction. While no job description can possibly provide a comprehensive list of job duties, the following is a summary of the major responsibilities for the position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clientele focusing on the designated Market Segment. Position will require travel for targeted sales calls, trade shows and client events.
- Responsible for handling all aspects of the program contracted through all phases (prospecting, proposal, contracting, closing, detailing, executing, post event follow through and rebooking as applicable). Depending on the determined structure of the position, if the responsibilities do not include detailing/servicing of the event, this person will be responsible for maintaining detailed notes/communication to pass along to the appropriate Conference Planning Manager.
- Establish and maintain lists of top customers (both actual and prospective) for ongoing direct marketing efforts via telephone, direct mail, email, outgoing sales calls and incoming familiarization trips and other e-commerce initiatives.
- Work with clients on the detailing/planning of all aspects of the program leading up to the event (Sales and Conference Planning Manager).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Work closely with, and communicate effectively/timely with operational departments regarding BEOs and event changes, guest room blocks and special reservation needs to ensure the client’s needs are exceeded.
- Upsell food and beverage events as well as property activities/offerings to achieve/exceed budgets.
- Be knowledgeable of, and consistently demonstrate the Forbes 5 Star levels of service.
- Attend Sales Meetings, BEO Meetings and other meetings as dictated.
- Professionally represent the Resort at industry events as needed with the purpose of establishing contacts and leads. Always promote a positive image of the resort and its facilities to the public.
- Keep current with the latest industry trends.
- Must be extremely organized, have meticulous attention to detail and possess strong problem solving skills with the ability to use independent judgment as needed to meet client and guest requests. Must be able to work effectively under pressure without supervision.
- Be able to multi-task and cope with interruptions regularly.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with clients and accept constructive criticism.
- Must foster the “team” mentality within the department as well as interdepartmentally.
- Works closely with accounting to approve/review customer billing.
- Discuss rate strategies/quotes as necessary with the Director of Sales and/or appropriate management to ensure key needs and selling techniques are exhausted.
- Understand and adhere to office procedures, including data entry into the group sales and catering software system.
- Ensure maximum usage of function space within booking guidelines set by Director of Sales and General Manager, while maintaining the integrity of the Resort appearance/event space.
- Ability to negotiate with clients to achieve maximum profit and “close the deal”.
- Observe standards for the department in image, appearance, and grooming; properly represent the company and the profession to outside organizations and the community. Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with policies of Keswick Hall.
- Develop and manage effective business plan for assigned responsibilities to enhance revenue.
- Ability to think “outside the box” to assist in the creation of new programming, packaging and group offerings.
- Other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the General Manager and Director of Sales.*