It is the policy of Keswick Hall and Club to employ the most qualified individuals. Promotion from within will be given priority whenever possible, thus providing for growth, advancement, and increased responsibility for employees. All candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug test prior once offered the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keswick Hall & Golf Club is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate against associates or job applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.
Keswick Hall & Golf Club associates are employed at will. In other words, if employed, you are employed for an indefinite period and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. You may, therefore, terminate your employment at any time for any reason. The at-will nature of employment will not be altered by any oral or written presentation or any representations during the pre-hire interviews, discussions, or recruiting materials.
Full-time, experienced bartender position available. Knowledge in tableside service, food, wine, mixed drinks, and after-dinner drinks is essential. Position requires a lot of standing, stooping, walking, and the ability to take orders. A qualified candidate will also have prior service and supervisory experience. Must also be friendly, professional, well-groomed, and able to multitask comfortably. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays. TIPS certification is a plus.
The server is responsible for all aspects of food and beverage service, to include taking reservations, table service, setting and clearing tables, and the assurance that food served is well prepared and is served in a timely manner. Qualified candidates will possess a solid work history, fine dining experience preferred, and have full weekend availability as well. Restaurant, seasonal banquet, and seasonal pool server positions are available.
Qualified candidates must possess a clean, neat appearance and be comfortable interacting with guests. Prior housekeeping experience strongly preferred. Main duties will be to clean 12 rooms per day. Candidates for this position must have great attention to detail and ability work efficiently and effectively without close supervision. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Qualified candidates must be available to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays and must understand and speak English.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and his leadership team, this individual will be responsible for food preparation and presentation for our fine dining food outlets. Must be passionate, hardworking, eager to learn, and reliable. Must be able to work various shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays. A minimum of one year of experience is required and must be ServSafe certified.
We are looking to expand our culinary team with enthusiastic, genuine, and motivated culinarians who want to further their knowledge for exceptional food. We work early mornings, late nights, and weekends. Culinary degree or two years in a professional kitchen is preferred. Stages are welcome.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Prepare a variety of foods including meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items
- Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
- Cover, date and correctly store all food prep items
- Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Maintain an organized and sanitized work area at all times
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager
Our Forbes Five-Star establishment is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable pastry cooks. We are in need of one full-time and one part-time pastry cook. A Pastry Degree and 1-2 years’ pastry experience is preferred. Must be available for any shift (morning or evenings, which can be late), any day of the week, and holidays.
The schedule for this position is 5:30pm until 1:30am. The main responsibilities for this position are to ensure the cleanliness and comfort of guests' room prior to nighttime occupancy. A qualified candidate will have prior housekeeping experience, great customer service skills, and attention to detail.
The Housekeeping Manger is to ensure quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guest according to hotel and Forbes Standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
o Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department; schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
o Monitor performance and recommend/initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues. Conduct performance coaching, counseling and appraisals.
o Ensure all team members are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
o Conduct daily guest room and suite inspections ensuring Keswick/Forbes Standards are being met.
o Conduct weekly maintenance punch list on guest rooms and suites.
o Maintain the weekly guest room general program.
o Respond to guest complaints, special request and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
o Maintain the guest room VIP Program.
o Prepare and monitor housekeeping budget (wages and experiences).
o Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping inventory.
o Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping. Participate as needed in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
o Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
o Assist in maintaining par levels for supplies and equipment.
o Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include: Front Office, Guest Relations, Engineering, Lost Prevention and Food and Beverage.
o Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests-to ensure their total satisfaction
o Contractors-to ensure adequate room attendant staffing
o Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
o Maintain housekeeping functions at Keswick Club and Pavilion.
o May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
o Support and maintain the Forbes Standards.
o May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
o When necessary clean guest rooms.
o May assist with other duties as assigned.
The Chief Engineer will maintain the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
Supervise necessary repairs and maintenance throughout the hotel. Assign department employees to make electrical, carpentry, plumbing, plastering, painting, locksmith and other mechanical installations and repairs.
Prepare technical data, bidding, project work, alterations and repairs for properties. Must have basic knowledge of building codes.
Actively train in fire prevention, environmental health and safety, and engineering systems. Attend all meetings regarding hotel operations: department, fire, safety, health, quality improvement.
Oversee daily and weekly payrolls. Prepare departmental manpower schedules.
Oversee water treatment programs.Attend morning walk arounds as required.
Keswick Hall & Golf Club is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced, and motivated individual for the position of Catering Sales Manager.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for catering and room night goals for wedding market and other social markets not requiring rooms; detailing events for corporate groups; and being on-site contact. Through independent sales efforts, this position affects business operations and profitability. Has discretionary ability to manage rates, product lines, and commits operational hotel departments.
- Meets or exceeds catering and room goals each month by talking and meeting with customers to sell hotel function space and sleeping rooms while utilizing hotel pricing and selling guidelines as established by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Participates in weekly department meetings, BEO meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Participates in wedding tradeshows and quarterly local sales blitzes.
- Submits weekly sales call log to Director of Sales & Marketing. Exercises discretion and judgment to ascertain viability of sales.
- Handles selected telephone, personal and written inquiries important to market development.
- Follows up to new and existing inquiries, proposals, outstanding contracts, telephone, e-mail and all other correspondence within twelve hours of receipt.
- Participates in completion of Banquet Event Orders and group resumes on customers' upcoming banquet events. Participates in weekly function meeting to review customers' expectations.
- Carefully adheres to all standards regarding confirmations, deposits, file maintenance and catering department operations.
- Contacts each customer following function for feedback and review billing if necessary.
- Upsells to each group to his/her fullest potential. Maximizes revenue through appropriate negotiations with clients.
- Accountable for developing all of the plans and details for each function. Seeks the approval of the meeting planner/coordinator.
- Provides walking tours to potential customers of the hotel's wedding and banquet facilities.
- Assists with wedding related social media opportunities (i.e. Pinterest).
- Three or more years of experience in same/similar role in upscale resort/hotel of similar size/sales revenues.
- Hospitality-oriented; excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of catering food and beverage menus
- Demonstrate sales skills by verbally talking and listening to clients.
- Prepare plans for functions by writing clear requests for each affected department.
- Have basic knowledge of local and national trends regarding business and competition strategies.
- Travel to local and national areas to attend seminars/functions which may involve being away from home for several days at a time.